- eBooks & Digital Resources
eBooks & Digital Resources
New: CAreer Pathways
CAreer Pathways resources for jobseekers and learners of all levels are available thanks to funding provided by the State of California, administered by the California State Library. Learn more about our CAreer Pathways resources below.
Coursera’s mission is to help individuals build the skills they need for in-demand jobs.
- Provides learners with access to more than 5,000 courses and certifications led by top businesses, universities, and organizations.
- Courses include: English for Business and Entrepreneurship (ESL), Foundations of Public Health Practice, Become an EMT, Bookkeeping Basics, Introduction to Google Docs, Design a Restaurant Menu, Food and Beverage Management, Branding: The Creative Journey.
- Contains “Gateway Certification,” a program for people without a college degree and with no experience in the field, built by leading companies such as Google. Facebook, and Salesforce.
- Offers subtitles in more than 50 languages
GetSetUp Is a social learning platform for individuals 50+, taught by peers who are experts in their field.
- Hosts live classes covering digital learning, physical health, mental health, social health, and vocational health.
- Courses include: Introduction to Youtube, Get Started with Zoom, Common Scams and Frauds, Being the Best Grandparent Ever, Android Smartphone Security and Safety, TV Streaming Devices, Blue Zones – What Are They?
- Offers live classes, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults.
- Classes are taught in English, Spanish, Hindi and Mandarin.
Job & Career Accelerator is an easy-to-use search tool with everything patrons and
students need to find, apply for, and get hired into ideal positions.
- Provides tools to create professional and competitive resumes and cover letters.
- Features job and internship search engines matched to the user’s profile and needs.
- Offers professional interview preparation and practice tools.
- Includes occupation explorers to find the profession that suits the user’s wants and directs to the skills needed for chosen professions.
- Contains college and scholarship finders.
LinkedIn Learning focuses on the skills needed to land the most sought after jobs.
- Provides professional certificates that can be added to a LinkedIn profile
- Courses include: Pitching Yourself, Expert Tips for Answering Common Interview Questions, New Revenue Ideas for Food and Beverage Businesses, Construction Management: Technology on the Job Site
- Includes a concentration on the “whole” person, emphasizing mental health and wellness resources, guidance for managing stress/burnout, and other items like “Balancing Work and Life as a Work-from-Home Parent”.
- Contains critical soft skills training, such as resilience, team work, and time management.
- Offers courses in English, Spanish, Mandarin, and four other languages.
Skillshare is for creatives and others wanting to build or grow a business and/or learn new skills.
- Provides 35,000 video courses on topics including entrepreneurship, graphic design, productivity, freelancing, marketing, illustration, and time management.
- Courses include: Pricing Your Work and Negotiating with Clients, Etsy Launch: How to Open an Etsy Shop, Organizational Culture: How to Build an Inclusive Work Environment, Inclusive UX: Designing Websites for Everyone, and Starting a Successful Side Hustle
- Skillshare’s short online classes help users find inspiration that fits their personal routine.
VetNow is an all-in-one suite of services designed for a wide range of career and veteran needs.
- Has access to live help and links for Navigating the Veterans Affairs system.
- Navigators help veterans and their families understand and apply for the benefits they are eligible for from local, state, or federal programs.
- Houses resources to support adjusting from military to a civilian career.
- Helps veterans and their families prepare for college with a suite of academic tools. Live online tutoring in a variety of college level subjects is available, along with writing support, extensive video lessons, and comprehensive practice tests.
New: Brainfuse HelpNow
Brainfuse HelpNow Live online tutoring for all learners. Access real-time assistance through the intuitive Brainfuse online classroom. Brainfuse HelpNow offers tutoring and homework help services in Spanish for all subjects offered in English.
All eBooks & Digital Resources
Search for books, browse our catalog, and manage your account.
Enjoy Complimentary Access to NYTimes.com.
Use Tutor.com to access live, one-to-one tutoring and career services from a network of over 3,000 professional academic and career tutors.
PressReader gives you unlimited access to 7,000+ of the world's most popular newspapers and magazines on any device.
Download the PressReader App or visit the desktop site directly at www.pressreader.com
|Browse digital versions of the latest issues of popular magazines. Magazines can be browsed on desktops or downloaded to phones and tablets for offline reading.|
|TumbleBookLibrary K-6 children’s ebook database|
Irwindale Public Library DigiLab Collection, sponsored by the Southern California Library Cooperative (SCLC), features photos and other items documenting the history of Irwindale.
TeachingBooks.net (Pre-K through 12), a one-stop resource for books you are reading and teaching, including author and illustrator interviews, lesson plans, and other enrichment content.
In association with the Library of Congress, provides free Braille and audio books, magazines and playback equipment to all eligible Californians unable to read standard print.