Guide to Code Enforcement
As part of the Community Development Department, the mission of Code Enforcement in the City of Irwindale is to ensure the health and safety of residents and to improve the quality of life and the appearance of the city.
Code Enforcement, along with other city staff, accomplishes this mission by working closely with city residents and by enforcing and gaining compliance with city municipal codes and state laws dealing with health and safety, property use and maintenance, and public nuisances.
The City of Irwindale has developed and adopted certain city codes that assist in keeping our neighborhoods and city safer and aesthetically pleasing. If you observe any of the following conditions Code Enforcement can provide assistance:
- Broken and discarded furniture or household appliances stored in public view
- Accumulation of refuse, waste, or trash and debris in public view
- Inoperable or abandoned vehicles and vehicle parts stored in public view
- Graffiti observed on public or private property
- Properties with overgrown weed and vegetation requiring weed abatement
- Unlicensed or illegal businesses or vendors
File a Complaint
Complaints may be filed with the Code Enforcement Division in person at City Hall, by mail, by emailing Code Enforcement, or by telephone in the following manner:
- Provide the location of the problem, street name, and house number. If the address is unknown, provide location of the property (i.e., northwest corner of Arrow Highway and Irwindale Avenue etc.).
- Identify the specific complaint or nuisance.
- Give specific information of complaint (i.e., description of area, make, model, and license of vehicles involved, type of refuse or debris, location of nuisance on property, etc.).
- Provide your name, address, and telephone number. This allows officers to return your call and obtain further information from you regarding your complaint. This information is essential and is strictly confidential.