What is a Conditional Use Permit?
A Conditional Use Permit (CUP) is a special permit that is reviewed by
the city's Planning Commission for certain types of businesses.
Generally, a CUP is required for certain types of businesses and
development with potential to have adverse effects on surrounding
properties, such as, traffic and noise impacts.

A CUP is also required for certain development, or uses, such as for a restaurant or obtaining a license to sell alcohol.

Download the Land Use, Development, and Subdivision Application and the Conditional Use Permit Supplement.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find the zoning of my property?
2. What is a Conditional Use Permit?
3. What do I need to do to construct a building addition?
4. Do I need a permit to display a sign or banner on my business?
5. What do I need to do to start a business in Irwindale?
6. Who do I notify if I notice a possible land use, environmental, or business violation?
7. How do I request to upgrade or install new electrical service with SoCal Edison?